We are certainly living in crazy times. No one would have ever expected that our country would be experiencing shortages in everyday items like spray cleaners, disinfectant wipes, and toilet paper. But that is the world that we are currently living in at the moment. However, you can stop worrying about stockpiling toilet paper thanks to the many bidet toilet attachments that are becoming much more popular in every part of the world.
An Attachment- Not A New Fixture
Most people are familiar with the full-blown bidets that are popular throughout Europe. This unit is a separate fixture that functions as a standard toilet but offers the ability to clean yourself with water rather than traditional toilet paper. But who has the space and ability to add a second toilet to their bathroom?
The solution is to add a bidet attachment to your existing toilet to enjoy the best of both worlds. It is a solution to the limited toilet paper supply. And it is far more cost-effective than replacing your toilet or adding a second fixture to your bathroom.
How Does It Attach To A Traditional Toilet?
The bidet attachment secures to your existing toilet between the toilet seat and the toilet. It uses the same bolt-on attachment system and includes a cleaning wand that is controlled with a dial. Users determine the strength of the water stream to decide how clean they wish to feel after using the toilet.
The water supply for the cleaning wand comes from the water supply line that is located under your existing toilet. A T- adapter is included in the package so that you can easily splice into the water supply that you have without the need to run a new water line.
Selecting The Right Bidet Attachment To Meet Your Needs
There are many very cheap models on the market that might catch your attention. But think about the number of times that you will be using this product. And make the most of your investment. A high-quality model is sure to provide a more pleasant experience and last substantially longer. Some features of a quality bidet attachment include:
- Metal connections, not plastic
- An internal brass valve
- A braided PVC housing
- An antibacterial nozzle
The Installation Basics
If you are handy with a few tools and don’t mind taking the time, most bidet attachments can be installed in a few hours and with little stress. The following is an example of the installation process, but each unit will have complete instructions included:
- Ensure that the installation holes line up with your toilet seat mounting nuts.
- Remove the toilet seat by taking out the nuts underneath the rim of the toilet- located near the toilet tank.
- Place the bidet attachment so that the adjustable bracket aligns with the holes in the toilet.
- Replace the seat over the attachment bracket and reinstall the bolts to hold both in place.
- Shut off the water supply to the toilet at the valve under the tank and then flush the toilet to drain as much water as possible. Next, disconnect the hose from the toilet tank.
- Install the T-adapter that was included with your bidet attachment according to the manufacturer’s guidelines. Many of the T’s include rubber washers to prevent leaking.
- Then connect the T-adapter to the fill valve on the toilet tank.
- Next, install the bidet hose to the T-adapter and turn the water back on slowly. Flush the toilet to fill the tank and inspect all of the connections for water leaks.
The Easiest Approach
If you are not a fan of hands-on plumbing projects, your installation process will be even easier. Just grab your phone and dial (301) 278-8786 to schedule an appointment with a A Better Plumber & Air Conditioning licensed plumber. One of our team members will arrive promptly for your appointment to install your new bidet attachment for you.
And as with any job that is done by a A Better Plumber & Air Conditioning pro, our work is backed by a complete warranty and 100% customer satisfaction guarantee. So you never need to worry about poor quality work, a mess left in your home by our plumber, or anything else. Just leave the work to us and know that it will be done right the first time and in only the most professional and cost-effective manner.