WATER HEATER INSTALLATION FORT WASHINGTON
Are you suffering through a broken hot water heater in your home? Are you looking to have an old and outdate water heater replaced? If so, you have come to the right place! Here at A Better Plumber we provide quick & convenient water heater installation in Fort Washington, National Harbor, Tantallon, & all of Prince George’s County, Maryland.
Our team here at A Better Plumber LLC has the tools and knowledge needed to diagnose and perform repairs of damaged hot water heaters as well as the inventory and expertise to install an entirely new unit. The longer you let a failing water heater remain in operation in your home, the likelier it becomes that it will burst and flood the home. This turns a relatively affordable project into a massively expensive one because now you are replacing flooring, drywall, insulation, furniture and dealing with the loss of precious belongings. It doesn’t matter if you need an emergency repair to your water heater or a new one installed, our plumbing team can handle any type of project for you.
Give us a call to schedule your new water heater installation in Fort Washington MD today! We’re standing by at (301) 278-8786.
COMMON WATER HEATER ISSUES
Are you worried that there might be something wrong with the water heater in your home? If so, you need to pick up the phone now and call a trusted plumber in the Fort Washington, MD area. The longer that you leave the water heater alone with any possible problems, the more likely it becomes that the repairs could become incredibly costly. If you continue reading on, you will find a list of the most common issues our plumbers have encountered when working with water heaters:
- Noises: Every house makes noises, even the newly constructed ones. It’s the noises you’ve never heard before, or the ones that really don’t sound right, that you need to be wary of and call a plumber. A lot of noise coming from the water heater means that there is a lot of sediment in the bottom of the tank that needs to be removed.
- Leaks: If you discover water leaking from the water heater, it needs to be replaced immediately. A leaking water heater is nothing to mess around with whatsoever. Just be sure that the leak is actually coming from the unit and not another source.
- Foul-smelling water: Water that smells foul is a sure sign that there is bacteria in the water heater. The heater will need to be emptied, cleaned, and then refilled with new water.
- No hot water: Are you having trouble getting hot water in the sink or shower? If so, the first place to check is the circuit breaker. If it tripped, you need to flip it back to the ‘on’ position. If it didn’t trip, it could be a sign that something else has gone wrong with the water heater.
Water Heater Installation
Does the water heater in your home show any of the aforementioned signs? If so, it’s best to call a licensed plumber from A Better Plumber LLC immediately for a service appointment. Even the best of water heaters on the market today don’t last more than 12 to 13 years, which is why you need to have yours inspected if you don’t know its age. You don’t want the water heater to get past its prime or else it could wind up bursting, sending water flowing all over your home, leading to thousands of dollars in damage that easily could have been avoided.
How do I know if my water heater is past the point of repair?
The easiest way to determine if the water heater in your home cannot be repaired is by looking for water that has pooled at the bottom of the tank. If the water source cannot be traced to something other than the water heater, it’s time to buy a new unit and have it installed by an experienced plumber from our team in Fort Washington, MD.
Considerations when shopping for a new hot water heater.
When the time comes for you to shop for a new water heater in Fort Washington, MD, you need to take the following into consideration:
- How will the water heater be powered? You need to choose a replacement water heater that is powered the same way the previous water heater was powered in your home. For example, if natural gas powered the previous unit, buy a new heater that uses natural gas. The same goes for electric units.
- Tankless or storage? You can only answer this question by the number of people who live in your home. If you have a full boat, you should choose a storage unit. If you are empty nesters, it’s time to go with a tankless unit.
- The unit’s price. Price is also something you need to take into consideration when buying a new water heater. A unit that is high efficiency will cost more upfront, but it will eventually pay for itself down the road.
- The tank’s size. Never replace your old water heater with a smaller one if you still have everyone living at home. This will only cause everyone to fight over the warm shower in the morning. If it’s only you and your spouse, go with a smaller water heater.
How long should I expect my new water heater to last?
Not every water heater is the same, as you saw with the considerations mentioned above, which is why the length of service life will be different based on your selection. You can expect a lifespan ranging from 10 to 15 years when you choose an electric water heater. You can expect a lifespan of eight to 12 years when you choose a gas water heater.
Can I install my new water heater myself?
Many homeowners are handy enough to complete a lot of tasks on their own around the house, but when it comes to plumbing, you really should leave it to the professionals. Repairing or installing a water heater is not the time to try your luck at home repairs. Dealing with an appliance, electricity, gas, or propane can be dangerous. A licensed plumber has the tools, knowledge, and experience to install the new water heater for you correctly and in a timely manner. Give us a call today to schedule your free estimate and know the price before you hire us to perform your water heater install in Fort Washington.
SCHEDULE YOUR WATER HEATER INSTALLATION IN FORT WASHINGTON TODAY!
Having to replace the water heater in your home is a project best left for the professionals. The team from A Better Plumber LLC is here to answer all of your water heater questions, diagnose issues, make repairs and conduct installations of all types of water heaters so you don’t lose heat or hot water for too long. Call the office at 301-278-8786 or complete a contact form online to schedule an appointment for your new water heater installation in Fort Washington, MD, today!
Why Choose A Better Plumber?
When you make the choice to contact A Better Plumber to schedule your water heater installation in Fort Washington you can rest assured that you will recieve an unparrelled level of service. Customers choose us to meet their plumbing needs because we provide the following advantages over the other companies you may find online.
- Locally Own Operated
- Guaranteed Satisfaction On Every Job
- Licensed Professionals
- Upfront, Flat Rate Pricing
- Friendly Service
- Husband & Wife Owned