La Plata Water Heater Repair Service
When you discover that you have no hot water in your home it goes without saying that the issue is likely with your water heater. If you find yourself in need of the services of a licensed and certified plumber who can get your water heater functioning properly again, look no further than A Better Plumber & Air Conditioning, LLC!
We understand that most homeowners have no idea who they can trust for honest, reliable, and fairly-priced water heater repair in La Plata. Rest assured that you can trust the team here at A Better Plumber & Air Conditioning, LLC. From your initial call to the completion of services it is our goal to ensure you receive only the highest level of service we can provide! Our little plumbing company has a 5-star rating on Google, an A+ rating with the BBB, has been in business in great state of Maryland for over 20 years! We even offer a 100% customer satisfaction guarantee on all work we provide. This includes our water heater repair service and new water heater installations.
Our full-service plumbing company offers free estimates that are written by a licensed plumber, who arrives at your home wearing a uniform, in a company vehicle. And our estimate will include several options whenever possible, such as repairing your current water heater, a price to replace your water heater, or a price to upgrade to a larger water heater or even a tank-less unit.
A Better Plumber & Air Conditioning is not associated with any one manufacturer, so we work on all brands and types of water heaters including gas, electric, tankless, and conventional tank-style water heaters. Call 301-278-8786 today to schedule a water heater repair estimate. We offer same day service, as well as 24/7 emergency service, to better meet the needs of our community.
Common Water Heater Issues
It could surprise many homeowners to know that there can be a wide array of issues with a water heater. And it could come as even more of a surprise that A Better Plumber & Air Conditioning could often recommend fixing your current water heater, rather than just trying to sell you a brand new one. Some of the common issues that you might notice include:
– No hot Hater – If you have a gas water heater, the lack of hot water could be the result of no gas getting to the unit, a bad thermocouple, or even the electronic ignition on newer models. If you have an electric water heater the circuit breaker could be tripped or the heating element itself could need to be replaced.
– Water leaking from the top or base of the water heater – Both gas and electric water heaters have inlet and outlet pipes on the top. Water leaking near the top of the unit is often due to a leak in one of these connections, or it could be from a pressure relief valve. Water leaking from the bottom of a gas or electric water heater could be the result of a gasket leak, water coming out of the overflow pipe to release excess pressure, or the tank itself could be corroded and have a small leak.
– Water takes too long to reheat – If your gas water heater is not reheating water fast enough, it could be the result of the thermostat being set too low, the burner could be clogged and need cleaning, or the gas pressure could be too low. Electric water heaters require about twice as long as gas water heaters to reheat water, but if you are noticing a change in the time required on your electric unit, the heating element or thermostat could require repair. In the case of gas or electric, if your hot water demand has increased, the tank that you have might not be large enough to meet the new demand.
– Low Water Pressure- Low water pressure is normally due to sediment and calcium deposits in the piping.
– Dirty or rust colored water- This is often the result of corrosion of the anode rod or the tank itself. The rod can be replaced, but once the tank begins to corrode, the integrity is compromised, and it should be replaced.
– Smelly hot water- An odd smell to the water is due to bacteria that is building up in the tank. The best solution is to turn the tank up to 140 degrees to try to kill the bacteria. If that does not work, the tank can be cleaned using chlorine bleach.
– Strange Sounds – An electric water heater can make popping or hissing noises dues to scale build-up on the heating elements or sediment build-up in the tank. It can also be an indication of a small leak. With a gas model, the sounds are most often due to sediment build-up. But it is always best to have the water heater examined by a plumber to be certain that there are no serious issues that could represent a safety hazard or a water heater failure.
– Pilot Issues – When the pilot will not light the gas orifice could be clogged or dirty, or the thermocouple could need to be replaced. If the pilot light will not stay lit, the issue is most often the thermocouple or a bad gas valve.
Clearly, there are a great many complexities to both gas and electric water heaters. And the simple answer of replacing the unit is not always the best answer. At A Better Plumber & Air Conditioning, we pride ourselves on providing our customers with a full evaluation and estimate of their water heater issues. We will offer as many options for repair as possible, and we will also offer fair prices for each option. Our goal is to make sure that you have the solution to your hot water needs that best suits your budget. Call 301-278-8786 today, to schedule an appointment for same day water heater repair in La Plata with one of our licensed plumbing technicians.